Thursday, June 21, 2007

Flashback from Kibbutz Sdot Yam

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Veronica from Kibbutz Sdot Yam
during our volunteer trip that climbed Masada for sunrise!
(Click on photo to enlarge)


This was a great and pleasant surprise, even though such memories are bittersweet!

[Life is a Trek] New comment on Trek notes.
Veronica has left a new comment on your post "Trek notes":

Hello David, Here I am 17 years later after leaving Sdot-Yam and I come across your "Trek notes". When I think back and remember the good old days at the pub, I often tell friends about you. Hope that you remember me, but it was so long ago. Shalom, Veronica Pierce (USA)

Posted by Veronica to Life is a Trek

My long lost fellow kibbutz volunteer and I, like many kibbutz volunteers over the years, enjoyed our Kibbutz Sdot Yam experience as something to cherish a lifetime. (Sdot Yam's participation in "illegal immigration" is mentioned in Leon Uris' book, Exodus - and is where Israeli heroine Hanna Senesh lived).

No comments: