Thursday, October 16, 2008

Letter from Mrs. Raymond McNair

Re: Raymond McNair dies

Dear family and friends,

By now many of you have heard the sad news regarding the death of my dear husband, Raymond McNair. Through his five year ordeal he never complained nor asked, “Why me Lord?”

He trusted God knowing he would be delivered either through death or divine healing. “Not my will, but yours O Lord,” were words he often repeated.

My husband’s convictions were as Paul’s, “Henceforth, there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, shall give me at that last day; and not to me only, but unto all men also that love His appearing.

“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith!” (2Tim. 4:8 & 7).

I wish to thank all who have so kindly and passionately reached out to comfort me in my distress. The future for me will be difficult at first, and at times lonely. But the hope in me will keep me going, remembering God’s promises that my husband and I will be together again, standing before our Father and Jesus Christ to hear those familiar words, “Well done, thou good and faithful servants.”

Sincerely,
Eve McNair

No comments: